To upgrade should I have an existing installation?
No. Simply go to our website, download the version 3 (for mac, win or linux), install it, then go to the menu “Help” > “Register” to enter your serial number.
How to register XPFP?
To register your copy of XPFlightPlanner go to the menu “Help” > “Register”, then copy and paste your email and serial number from the email you received. Be sure not to copy-paste extra characters like whitespaces etc. The fields are case sensitive.
How to reset the preferences?
- Quit XPFP
- Open a Finder window
- Go to your user directory
- Browse the “Library” folder
- Then browse the “Preferences” folder
- Remove the files “com.xpflightplanner.XPFlightPlanner.plist” and “com.yourcompany.XPFlightPlanner.plist”
- Relaunch XPFP, it will ask the installation folder of XP11 (use “/Application/X-Plane 11” if XP11 is installed in that directory)
How to load the flightplan into X-Plane’s FMS?
To load the flight plan into X-Plane’s FMS, first save your FMS files in the directory <X-Plane 11>/Output/FMS plans. Then run X-Plane, open the FMS, go in the “ROUTE MENU” and use the “CO ROUTE LIST” submenu. All your your flightplans are displayed. Choose the one you want to load by clicking on it.
How to reinstall XPFlightPlanner?
- Completly uninstall XPFlightPlanner using the uninstaller (from start menu)
- Download the latest version of XPFlightPlanner from our website on Firefox or Google Chrome
- Double click on the installer named XPFlightPlanner_3.0.0.exe (depending on your version) located into your Downloads folder
- Install XPFlightPlanner with all default values (always click on “Next”)
- XPFligtPlanner will be installed in C:\Program Files\XPFlightPlanner. A shortcut will be installed into you Desktop and into the Start Menu
- Launch XPFlightPlanner, for the first time you will be asked to select the directory where X-Plane is installed (as instance C:\Program Files\X-Plane 11)
- If you purchased a serial number, then you can register you copy of the application in the menu “Help” > “Register”
Download the latest version of XPFlightPlanner from our website on Firefox or Google Chrome. Double click on the file named XPFlightPlanner_3.0.0.dmg (depending on your version) located into your Downloads folder, it will mount a disk image. Copy XPFlightPlanner into your /Applications directory. Eject the disk image. Launch XPFlightPlanner by double clicking on it from the /Applications directory. For the first time you will be asked to select the directory where X-Plane is installed (as instance /Applications/X-Plane 11). If you purchased a serial number, then you can register you copy of the application in the menu “Help” > “Register”.
- Be sure the “Navigation data” panel is active (if not go to the menu “View” > “Reset panels”)
- The “Navigation data” displays all the database of points, routes and airports available in X-Plane
- In the “Navigation data” panel select the tab “Points” or “Airports” depending on wether you want to add a point or an airport to the flightplan
- As instance to add the airport LFPG, select the airport tab
- Use the search box to find the airport by typing “LFPG”
- The LFPG airport appears in the airport list box
- Select this airport, the “+” button become enabled (not grayed anymore)
- By clicking on it, LFPG will be added to the flightplan
- This is the same to add waypoints
How to build a flightplan with a SID or STAR?
- Go to the generator using the menu “Flight plan” > “Generate” (or by clicking on the plane button in the toolbar)
- In the departure search box type the ICAO code or the name of an airport
- If the airport has a SID procedure, below the search box the menu will be populated with all SID procedures available for the airport
- Select the SID procedure you want to use
- The same can be done for STAR/APPCH for arrival airport